Job Title: Field Service Technician
Salary: $40,000 - $65,000
Tax Term: Full-Time Employee
Job Category: Technical Operations
Relevant Work Experience: 2+ years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location: Flower Mound, TX
We are seeking a Field Technician who is passionate about technology, highly skilled at providing excellent customer service, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Field Technician provides technical support to clients, both locally and nationwide, by installing and maintaining system servers, workstations, and laptops, including hardware, software, operating systems and applications. This position requires an individual who has superb customer-facing skills with the ability to travel least 50% of the time.
Our Field Technicians are responsible for images for applicable workstations and laptops by client location and for prototype:IT employees. They assist in planning of network growth, support of TCP/IP, authentication domains, resource domains, system upgrades, infrastructure documentation and application installs.
The Field Technician duties also include providing support to the Customer Service Team to include answering questions and resolving issues. This person will be called to participate in special projects as needed and assist Customer Service during overflow or limited staff availability.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field for 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
- Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, MCSA 2012/2016, VCP-6-DCV preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Products including Windows Desktop, Server and the Office product Suites.
- Experience with virtualization platforms including VMware, Hyper V, Citrix and RDS
- Experience with network troubleshooting/configuration including basic configuration of managed switches and firewalls
- Experience with trouble shooting/configuring VOIP phone systems
- Excellent knowledge of our supported software and technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors
- Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
- Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-orientated, dependable and flexible
- Experience with Dell, Checkpoint and Citrix technologies a plus
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Background check and drug screen required
- Reliable transportation
THIS POSITION ENTAILS:
- Troubleshooting user problems onsite
- Accurate documentation of all activities conducted
- The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ networks, equipment, software and services
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST BE:
- Professional and articulate
- Inter-personally adept
- Technically proficient
- A relationship builder
- A problem solver
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal and training reimbursement.
Initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
Travel/relocation as required.
Qualified candidates, please send cover letter, resume, salary history and references by completing the submission form below.
No Phone Calls, Please