Job Title: Sales Consultant
Tax Term: Full-Time, Employee
Job Category: Sales
Relevant Work Experience: 2-5 Years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Prototype IT located in Flower Mound, Texas and seeking a skilled IT Sales Consultant with the drive and determination to help us expand our client base in the Dallas area. We are looking for individuals who have a proven track record of generating sales and are somewhat technical. They must have a technical grasp of infrastructure components and solutions that are used in small-medium size businesses. Technical training is provided if needed, but again we are selling IT services and solutions to companies that expect that you have more knowledge about IT solutions than they do. We have found that if you have a base knowledge of hardware\software components and have worked in a corporate environment, you have a higher success rate of closing the prospect with a limited number of meetings. Your role is to communicate to the client that Prototype IT can handle their day to day IT operations more efficiently, so they can concentrate on their core business. Having technical/business experience assists in understanding the companies dynamics to allow you to make connections quicker. The Sales Consultant needs to be able to communicate to an executive or decision maker confidently on proposed changes. Prototype IT will assign you a technical liaisons when needed to assist you in your Sales process. Base salary plus commission is the compensation structure, and if you hit your goals you will be over $100,000 per year. We offer benefits that include medical, dental, matching IRA contributions and an environment that will give you an additional reasons to be excited to come to work in the morning. If you’re looking to work with a company that rewards hard work and holds you accountable for your sales objectives, Prototype IT would be a great fit.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Minimum two years of direct selling experience
- Previous technical background preferred
- Working knowledge of simple network design and components usually found in small-medium sized companies
- Honest, Agile, Loyal, Knowledge Seeking, and Collaborative
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software technologies and programs that are offered on MS sites.
- A passion to solve problems and present proven solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with prospects and clients
- Experience with small-medium business
- Good phone and presentation skills
- Not afraid to make cold calls and find new prospects
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Background check and drug screen required
This Position Entails:
Building client relationships over the phone and in person
The ability to sell our IT products and services
Sales lead follow-up
Assessing client needs
The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
The Successful Candidate must be:
Professional and articulate
Strong interpersonal skills
A relationship builder
A problem solver
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal and training reimbursement.
Initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
Travel/relocation as required.
Qualified candidates, please send cover letter, resume, salary history and references by completing the submission form below.
No Phone Calls, Please